Information for New & Existing Dental Patients
The team at NaLa Smiles has helped countless people in Alexandria achieve healthier and more attractive smiles, and we hope to do the same for you and your family! To get a better idea of what to expect when you come to see us, we’ve included some helpful information below. After reading over everything, if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to give us a call. We can’t wait to meet you and show you why so many people are proud to call us their “dental home!”
Your First Dental Visit
Your first visit will involve five basic steps:
- You’ll be greeted with a smile and checked in by our front desk.
- After a short wait, you’ll be escorted to a treatment room where a member of our team will take some X-rays and scans of your mouth.
- You’ll meet your dentist, who will go over the images from earlier and give you an oral exam.
- Afterward, they’ll discuss their findings with you and recommend any additional treatments you might need. If time allows, you’ll also receive a cleaning from a hygienist.
- Once you have both agreed on a treatment plan, you’ll be escorted back to the front desk to schedule your next appointment.
More than 50% of Americans have some type of dental insurance, and if this group includes you, you’re more than welcome here at NaLa Smiles! We’re in-network with many popular plans and are happy to help you maximize your benefits at every single visit. We’ll even handle the claims process for you so you don’t have to deal with any paperwork! To learn more about how we can use your particular coverage, give us a call today.
We proudly accept the following dental insurance plans:
- Aetna PPO
- Ameritas PPO
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Assurant PPO Blue Cross
- Blue Shield FEP Blue PPO
- Care First PPO
- Cigna PPO
- Delta Dental PPO
- Dentemax/Humana PPO
- GEHA PPO
- Guardian PPO
- Metlife PPO
- Principal Financial PPO
- United Concordia PPO
- United Health Care PPO
- And many more!
Ask our friendly team if we take your plan.
As a reminder, here are some of the enhanced safety standards that you can continue to expect:
- Our team members are screened daily for COVID-19 risk factors and all team members will have their temperatures monitored daily.
- Upon scheduling an appointment, a COVID-19 pre-screening questionnaire will be provided to you. This questionnaire must be completed before you arrive at the office. This is a requirement by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) for all medical and dental visits.
- We recommend that patient documents are completed prior to your appointment. All paperwork will remain outside of the treatment areas.
- We have implemented a Concierge Service – from Car to Chair. Upon arrival at our office, we recommend that you wait in your vehicle and give us a call to check-in. We will call or text you once the office is ready for you to enter, and one of our team members will personally escort you directly into your thoroughly disinfected treatment room.
- Every person entering the office is encouraged to wear a facial covering or face mask
- Please take your temperature the morning of your appointment. We will also confirm that all patients are fever-free with a contactless thermometer upon your arrival.
- We will ask that all patients enter the office unaccompanied, if possible. For those patients who need assistance, we ask that this be limited to a single person if possible. If a patient is accompanied by a guest, we recommend that the guest waits outside of the office. However, we have created social distancing space in our reception/waiting area if required.
- At the start of your appointment, patients are asked to wash their hands and pre-rinse for 60 seconds with a disinfecting oral rinse.
- Room Disinfection – We have extended patient appointments to allow for adequate time for our teams to disinfect all areas of use in between patient appointments. This includes all surfaces and objects (even door knobs!) in treatment areas, bathrooms, hallways, reception, front desk, etc.
- Our waiting area will no longer offer magazines, charging stations, children’s toys, etc., as these items are difficult to disinfect.
- Our doctors and team will be wearing all of the recommended and supplementary personal protective equipment (PPE). You may see face shields, caps, shoe covers, gowns, gloves and masks, but you can be rest assured we’re smiling underneath them.