At National Landing Smiles we strongly recommend patients of all ages in Alexandria, VA complete an in-depth dental exam at least twice a year or once every six months.
During your dental examination, one of our skilled doctors will carefully examine the surfaces of each of your teeth, soft tissue, jaw, bite, and other important areas of your mouth. Dental x-rays are essential, preventative, diagnostic tools that provide valuable information not visible during your regular dental exam. Our Alexandria, VA dentists and dental hygienists use this information to safely and accurately detect hidden dental abnormalities and complete an accurate treatment plan. Without dental x-rays, problem areas may go undetected.
Comprehensive Dental Exams & X-Rays include and can Identify many issues including:
- Examination of diagnostic x-rays (radiographs): Essential for detection of decay, tumors, cysts, and bone loss. X-rays also help determine tooth and root positions.
- Oral cancer screening: Check the face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums for any signs of oral cancer.
- Gum disease evaluation: Check the gums and bone around the teeth for any signs of periodontal disease.
- Examination of tooth decay: All tooth surfaces will be checked for decay with special dental instruments.
- Examination of existing restorations: Check current fillings, crowns, etc.
What to expect during your Dental Exam in Alexandria, VA:
If you are new patient to National Landing Smiles, your dentist may do a brief initial exam to determine any obvious problems and then turn you over to a dental hygienist for a full dental exam and professional cleaning. If you have pain or an immediate problem, your dentist may deal with these issues first, before doing a full dental exam. From there, any further treatment depends on the state of your dental health.
Is your smile stuck in limbo thanks to the SmileDirectClub shutdown?
Finish your treatment here and get $750 off!
We understand how frustrating this is. Schedule a consultation so we can help you complete your smile journey!